Custom Blog Design

Saturday, November 13, 2010

4 1/2 months

I can't believe how fast time flies when you are having fun! I sure love being a mommy to Aleyah! She is the best little girl in the ENTIRE world. I'm not biased either. At first I was prepared for long sleepless nights, LOTS of crying and being cranky because of it all. Not so. I enjoy it all! I don't even mind the nights of no sleep....ha kidding. Aleyah has slept through the night since 3 days old. Sorry all, I got it lucky. During the last four and a half months, I can count on one hand the times I've had to stay up all night. She is such a sweet joy. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, she just lays there and coos so sweetly until I come get her. When I walk in, she smiles and those big blue eyes just make me very happy! As for the crying, she really doesn't do that either. Not even as a new baby did she ever cry that much. I can count of my two hands the times she's cried. The worst so far was when she had her first set of immunizations. Poor little girl didn't stop crying for hours. It was so frustrating because there was nothing I could do about it. I felt bad, but I really feel that immunizations are a necessary evil. I was also impressed with myself. I didn't cry when they gave them to her. I didn't really even get upset. It was sad true, but I was brave. She had a slight fever for the whole day and then slept like a rock that night. She also cries when her diaper is dirty or she feels like she is STARVING. Because she gets so upset when she is wet, I am hoping she potty trains earlier than normal. A girl can hope. Since coming into our lives, Aleyah has been such a joy. The kids really enjoy having a little sister around. Sabrina is always trying to make her smile and Jonathan is always there to help whenever we ask. For Jonathan's first school show and tell, he had us bring Aleyah. The class was so cute. The just ooh'd and aah'd over her. Mrs Commons had to remind them to stay quiet when they started to get too loud. Then they whispered. It was sweet. As the time goes by, more and more of her personality shows itself. She is an independent little girl. She loves to sit up on the couch by herself and look around the room. She doesn't want to be held like a baby either. She wants to be sitting up facing the room. She smiles and laughs and coos to anybody who looks at her. She tags along when I go to work in the mornings and all my customers think she is just the sweetest and cutest thing. I agree. She loves to listen to her daddy and big brother and sister read books to her. She smiles when I sing her songs and tickle her belly. I blow raspberries on her neck or tummy and she giggles. The other day I was holding her and she blew a raspberry on my arm, then last night she blew one on my neck and giggled. Oh so sweet. Nothing better in the world than to hear my little girl laugh and speaking of little girl, she is awake so I had better go....

No comments: