Custom Blog Design

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Merry Christmas!

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a child is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6

Merry Christmas to our family and friends!

Since this will be the first year I’ve written a family newsletter, I have a lot to share. Ernie and I were married nearly 3 years ago in the Bountiful UT, Bountiful Temple. It was a wonderful day shared with family, friends and lots of laughter and love.

During the last three years a lot has happened. Ernie moved from downstairs working with my brothers to upstairs working with clients. Jonathan started kindergarten and I nearly died when we had to take him to school. Now he is in the 2nd grade and Sabrina has started kindergarten. They are both the smartest kids in their class. They love to help their teachers and their teachers love them and can’t say enough good things in return. Both kids are good helpers around the house and love to sing and dance. It’s been interesting being thrust into motherhood. I’ve had a few ups and downs but I’m getting better at it and speaking of…

The biggest change just came into our lives on June 29, 2010. Aleyah Annie Upshaw joined our family. She is the sweetest little girl! I love being her mommy. It was quite a surprise since from a young age I was told I’d never have children. For once, I am glad the doctor was wrong. This little girls is such a bright ray of sunshine. She was born at 4:44 am and weighed 6lbs, 9 oz and was 18 ½ inches long. She decided she needed to make a grand entrance into the world, so after 2 days of labor, she came by emergency c-section. Just a little side note about Aleyahs middle name. It’s a very special name that I share with my sweet little grandma Buttars. From a young age I had always wanted to name my daughter Annie. I am proud of that name and I am sure that Aleyah will be proud to carry it on as well. Anyway, both Jonathan and Sabrina are great older siblings. At first Jonathan was a little disappointed that it was another girl, but after a while, he was ok with it. Now he is the best older brother a girl could have. Aleyah loves them both so much and the kids do their very best to make her smile and laugh. Ernie is a great father and you can tell Aleyah looks forward to when her daddy comes home from work. He enters the room and she starts cooing and drooling. It’s the sweetest thing.

So, that is our life over the last three years. We love you and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love,

Brooke, Ernie, Jonathan, Sabrina and Aleyah Upshaw



No comments: