Custom Blog Design

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jonathan's 8th Birthday and Baptism

So time has once again gotten away from me...geez! Jonathan celebrated his 8th birthday on January 14th. It was so much fun. We had family and friends over for cake and ice cream and then played Guitar Hero. It was so much fun. A few weeks ago, our bishop came over and we had a discussion about being baptized. Jonathan just sat there with his face turned away, bright pink. It was so funny. I can't believe that he is 8 and was baptized today. It was a huge turn out. 2 other kids from our ward got baptized as well as 4 other children from the stake. We had to open the doors to the overflow to fit all the family members that came to support the kids. It was great. We only got one picture of Jonathan with Ernie. It was so crazy and crowded. After everything was over, we had a family lunch in the Primary room. My parents as well as Ernie's parents came and so did Garrett, Krystal and Kamron, our good friends Tim and his three sweet daughters, Cami, my soon to be sister, my grandma, our other good friend Michelle and Ron, Ronda and their three daughters (Ernie's Brother and sister in law from his first marriage.) It was a ton of fun with good food and great memories. We gave Jonathan his first set of scriptures and he seems to be excited about using them, but they are a little big for his tiny little hands to hold.
Other news in the family, Jonathan and Sabrina are at the top of their classes for school. They are so smart and such great little helpers at school and at home. We are thrilled that they are home with us more now.
Aleyah is growing like a weed. I can't believe that it's been 7 months and 7 days since her birth. She lights up my life and is the greatest little baby...except for the last two nights! She feels she needs to be up every 45 minutes, much to her sleepy parents dismay. Ernie has been really great about that. He helps me feed and change her in the middle of the night because I feel like a zombie when I wake up still tired. She is such a sweet little girl and so very happy. She had her flu shot last week and the week before that, her immunizations. She didn't cry longer than a minute COMBINED and only had a fever after the flu shot. What a great baby girl, we really lucked out of such a sweet heart.
Other than that, not much has happened. We may get a new car within the next couple of weeks. We are looking for a van since we will have to make cross country trips a couple times a year. I'm not thrilled with the mini van idea, I'm more of a truck kinda gal...don't let Ernie see that I wrote that. He wants a truck and I am as opposed to that as I am to a mini van! I guess we will see what happens. Hope you are all well and happy!

No comments: