Custom Blog Design

Saturday, May 1, 2010

5K Law Day Run

Ernie has been on a kick to loose weight for the last few months. I am so proud of him. He goes to the gym nearly every day and has lost lots of weight. The most noticeable thing is the inches. He is getting skinny. I tease him that he lost it and I found it. I have a good excuse though so I don't feel so bad. Molinelli's Jewlers hosted a "Biggest Looser" event for all the employees who wanted to get healthy. The pot was $200.00 and I must say Ernie kicked butt. He won the money and lost the most weight. Every body did such a good job though and they are all looking so skinny. They are going to do another one in a couple of weeks and I'm excited to see how everybody looks at the end of those 12 weeks. Now for the 5k run. Brecken, Carole and Jeff all run. Ernie decided to try his hand at it. Then Jonathan found out what he was doing and decided he wanted to join in on the festivities. They went for a practice run last week and They ran it in 38 minutes. That's 3.2 miles. Jonathan is 7. I was quite impressed. His feet hurt after and so we decided he needed better sneakers. He broke them in all last week and this week. Today dawned WAY TOO EARLY! They got up at 6am so they could eat a good breakfast, stretch and go for a small walk before all the running began. Sabrina and I met them at the City Offices, where the race started, about 20 minutes before. It was a zoo. So many people were there. We met up with the others in our party and took some pictures. Then they were off. The shot made Sabrina jump. We left and got some hot chocolate because it was so very cold. Then we drove to Ross Park and waited on the side of the road for Ernie and Jonathan. We just made it in time to get a good picture of them. I tried to get a picture when they were crossing the finish line but my stupid camera decided to act up RIGHT THEN. Oh well. They did it! I'm so proud. Their time was 40 minutes and 2 seconds. Bet next time they beat that record. Ernie has signed up for all the 5k runs this year. Jonathan has caught the bug and I bet he will want to do it too. He has more energy than Ernie and I put together and this is a good way for him to burn it. As for Sabrina, she wants to try but she is still a little too young. We might try the 2 mile walk that's going to happen in a few months. By next year she might just be able to do the 5k. So here are the pictures. I'm so proud of them all!

No comments: