Custom Blog Design

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

4th of July with the kids.


We didn't get to spend the 4th with the kids, so on the 5th is when we really celebrated. We picked them up early and went to Ernie's parents home where we spent the day with their cousins. After they left we went fishing at Hawkins Reservoir. The kids were so excited. We went to pick up some new fishing gear earlier that morning and they could hardly keep their hands off it all day long. I picked up a fishing license for myself and made a discovery. I HATE to fish! My personal mantra is: Fish are our friends, not food. I did, however, love to watch the kids fishing with their father and grandfather. It was a blast just watching them throw out a line, wait three seconds and then ask their daddy if they could reel it in. Then the entire process would start over again. I don't think Ernie got much fishing done. I lasted about 20 minutes and then I was done. I will keep going if only to capture more moments on my camera.

No comments: